Good news for Metal Gear fans, as Hideo Kojima is still on board to finish “Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain” before he departs the Konami train and will still have a release date set for this year.
Kojima, creator of the MGS series, recently announced that he is parting ways with Konami but assured fans that he would still finish the game and will pour his 100% on the game and assured it to be the best he has ever done so far.
“I want to reassure fans that I am 100% involved and will continue working on ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain,’ I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date,” Kojima said as reported by Movie Pilot.
“Don’t miss it!” The announcement led fans to think that “Silent Hills,” another Kojima title, will be left unfinished and in danger.
The company, however, confirmed that they would still push through with the horror title and will continue where the director has left off.
“Thank you for your continued patronage of KONAMI products and services,” Konami said in an announcement of Kojima’s departure announcing the official release date of the game.
“The latest title in the Metal Gear series, ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain,’ will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2nd.
Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.” As for the series’ future, Konami promised to continue with the development of the game and promises fans to expect more from the game in the future.
“As the next step in the series, Konami has already resolved to develop new ‘Metal Gear,'” the company stated.
“Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain” release date is locked in for Sept.
1 and is expected to come out for the PS4 and Xbox One.