Nothing about the new MacBook Pro lineup was heard during the Apple keynote press event last March 21 and now all eyes are on the upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference happening on June, which according to several reports, will finally unveil the long due upgrade for the MacBook Pro.
In a recent report by Christian Times , it said that Apple fans and users will be delighted to know that there may not only be one new MacBook Pro model, but three new models and sizes to choose from: the 12-inch, the 13-inch and the 15-inch MacBook Pro.
The report highlighted that currently, there are only two available MacBook Pro models in the market: the 13-inch MacBook Pro which was released in March 2015 and the 15-inch MacBook Pro which was last upgraded in May 2015. Also recently, these current MacBook Pro models have received significant price cuts and discounts, which made analysts believe that the new MacBook Pro models are to be released very soon.
Accordingly, the new 12-inch MacBook Pro, rumored to be one of Apple’s new releases this year, is said to be replacing MacBook Air. In its report, Macworld said that since MacBook Air is now eight years old, it might consider dropping and replacing it.
The report also mentioned that “it seems unlikely that the MacBook Air has much of a future ahead of it” since the lineup is already overshadowed by the MacBook Pro and that if one is looking only for a thin and light design, there’s already a good option in the new 12.9 inch iPad Pro.
It was also previously reported that the new 12-inch MacBook Pro will feature more USB Type-C ports, which can handle multiple tasks like charging and connecting peripheral devices, plus an additional adapter so users can add multiple devices.