Will America’s fan favorite Alfonso Ribeiro be forced to drop out of “Dancing With The Stars”? The 43-year-old actor reportedly suffered an injury this week while rehearsing for the ABC dance competition show.
According to TMZ , the “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” alum is currently undergoing medical evaluation.
It has yet to be determined if he will be able to perform on Monday’s live show.
Ribeiro reportedly hurt his back while trying to work around a groin injury that he previously sustained in October while competing on the show.
The star was forced to miss rehearsal on Thursday.
After his first injury, Ribeiro spoke to E! News about the rigorous physical commitment that every contestant makes while competing on the ABC show.
“On the dance floor, we give it our all and we hold nothing back and we do everything we can to deliver the best performance that we can regardless of whether we’re in pain or not,” said Ribeiro, who also announced earlier this season that he and his wife Angela Unkrich are expecting their second child.
“I’m doing a lot of treatment every week…I get a ton of treatment,” said the actor of his injury.
“We’ve got a great therapist here.
I’ve got a doctor that I go to.
I’m doing everything I can just to maintain and try to keep it going.
It’s a lot of work and it’s tiresome, but as long as we keep going, I’m OK.” Ribeiro’s partner, Whitney Carson, also suffered an injury this season, hurting her back.
Competitors and pros on “Dancing With The Stars” have been known to fall victim to injuries over the years.
Last week, contestant Tommy Chong tore his calf but was able to perform during his dances to make it to the semi-final round.
Professional dancer, Karina Smirnoff also injured her wrist and was sidelined from competition for a few weeks.
As for Ribeiro, the actor has yet to comment on his condition or reveal whether or not he will compete this coming week.